Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Melon with Hot Honey
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Specialty Diet Compliance: Paleo, Dairy Free
1 Del Monte® MAG® Melon
12 Prosciutto, Thinly Sliced
1/4 cup Hot Honey, gently warmed until runny if necessary
Flaky sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Cut melon in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut each melon half into 6 wedges and cut off the rind.
- Wrap each melon wedge with a slice of prosciutto and secure it with a toothpick.
- Prepare a medium-hot, two-zone charcoal grill fire or preheat a gas grill on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Place melon wedges on grill and cook, turning occasionally, until there are grill marks on 3 sides. If using a charcoal grill, transfer melon wedges to cooler side of grill.
- Brush melon all over with hot honey and let caramelize for a few minutes, being careful not to let it burn.
- Transfer wedges to a serving plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve warm.